My photo
Philippines
Art. Passion. Turning even the simplest thing to a breathtaking masterpiece. (Creation) Conceptualized by my husband, Ryan, OBRA deals with art in all forms aesthetic. We believe that there's beauty in everyone and everything waiting to be discovered and unleashed. Started of as a hobby, my curiosity for nail art and designs, had soon panned out to creative styling, photography and make up artistry. Participated in countless number of workshops and trainings, I stay adept with what's current and trendy without compromising class and elegance. OBRA, in its' truest sense is a Masterpiece and I strive to deliver nothing less.
If you have any question regarding my blog posts, ideas, if you have something to say/share, or you want me to review your product just email me at mae_espiritu@yahoo.com
Thank you very much.

Followers

Saturday, June 12, 2010

"Democracy at its Best"

Hi to all! Today June 12,2010 we are celebrating our 112th independence day here in the Philippines! Congrats to our newly elected President Benigno Aquino III! Btw today's mani is very patriotic, I submitted it to weekly challenge of polishhoarderdisorder check her awesome blog, I love reading her blog cause there are lots of interesting things you will also like. I enjoy doing this mani, when you look at my previous post, this is the first mani I did.. But as you can see in the picture. I added some modifications.. In my thumbnail, I drew an image of the Philippine flag, in my index, middle and pinky fingernails I used sponged technique, then I drew the 3 star and a sun emblem,I was inspired by the rapper/singer Francis M. I knew everybody knows him, especially when you're here in the Philippines, and in my ring fingernail I applied white base coat, sponged it and drew a yellow ribbon which is the president-elects' symbol, and "Laban" which means "Fight" in English language.
Hope you like it! God Bless you all!
MABUHAY!

Explanation of the Flag
Each part of the Philippine flag has a specific meaning as follows:

The blue field stands for common unity and the noble desires of the Filipino people.
The white triangle with equal sides of the flag is symbolic of equality among men.
The white field stands for purity.
The sun stands for the gigantic strides that have been made by the Sons of the land on the road to progress and civilization.
The eight rays of the sun in the triangle represent the first eight united provinces that revolted for independence - Batangas, Bulacan, Cavite, Laguna, Manila, Nueva Ecija, Pampanga and Tarlac.
The three stars in the triangle stand for the three major geographical divisions of the country which are Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao.
The red field symbolizes the eagerness of the Filipino people to shed blood in defense for their country


The following Images were taken from the Internet...
Our newly elected President

Manny "PACMAN" Pacquiao
thanks again Locke of "locofashion" for the Sweet Blog Award!

14 comments:

  1. wow!! sis!! this is really amazingly FABULOUS!!!! proud to be PINOY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks so much sis!yeah! proud to be Pinoy.. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job! And thanks for the interesting information about the flag!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thats great......i wud love to visit philippines its awesome place for girls for shopping...m i rite?

    ReplyDelete
  5. happy independence day to you too! beautiful nails! xo, carla

    ReplyDelete
  6. *thanks a lot april.. =)

    *hi miss pinkz, yes there's a lot of things, place here, I'm sure you will like.. ;)

    *thank you very much carla! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! I am impressed. Great art work. bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautifully creative.
    Great write up,
    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Independence Day to you!!!! Your nails are very pretty!

    (be on the lookout for a package from the US!!!)

    :B
    ~Tiffani

    ReplyDelete
  10. thank u or the compliment and i love how this design is spot on with the pix

    ReplyDelete
  11. thank you ladies! :)

    hi tiffany wow! I'm very excited thank you very much hun, you are so sweet! xo,
    mae

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow! very inspiring!
    great work of art :D
    i´m a new follower ^^

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh wow, what a wonderful mani! That is amazing. And congrats on 112 years, Philippines!

    ReplyDelete